Yield: one sandwich
2 slices of French bread or any white bread
3 slices of tomato
2 thick slices of mozzarella cheese
1/2 Tbsp Sundried tomato pesto(Classico has a great one)
1/2 Tbsp mayo(optional)
1-2 Tbsp of freshly chopped basil
A few splashes of balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat panini press to medium/high.
2. Butter the slices of bread on one side. Place butter side face down.
3. Spread mayonnaise on to one slice of bread and sun-dried tomato pesto on the other.
4. Place slice mozzarella on top of mayonnaise. Pile the sliced tomatoes above mozzarella and top off with basil. Season with salt & pepper and balsamic vinegar.
5. Sandwich the last piece of bread on top. And place onto panini grill and allow to cook for 2-6 minutes. Cook time depends on a golden crust and if the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
If you don't have a panini press, you can easily make this on your stove with a skillet pan. Once sandwich is assembled, place sandwich onto a medium/high heat skillet. Cook until golden and flip to begin cooking the other side. Once again, cook time depends on how long it takes to turn the crust golden and the cheese to melt.